Managing Attorney & Co-Founder
“Clients turn to HLC for legal counsel on healthcare payment, operations, relationships and data.”
Kathy Roe is the managing attorney of Health Law Consultancy, a Chicago-based boutique law firm providing legal services for the business of health care. Kathy is proud to have formed and lead Health Law Consultancy as a woman-owned business enterprise certified by the State of Illinois, the County of Cook, and the City of Chicago.
Kathy knows dollars, data and drugs in healthcare. Her legal proficiencies include pharmacy benefit management and other business process outsource contracting; health information and data privacy, security, transaction, exchange and analytics; Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid Managed Care, and other government health benefit programs; and commercial health insurance products and markets.
Kathy has served healthcare organizations her entire legal career. She began as attorney with a publicly-traded life and health insurance company during the Clinton Administration’s attempt at national health reform. She segued to private practice in “Big Law,” becoming a capital partner before forming Health Law Consultancy in 2009 as a woman-owned business enterprise focused on serving the business of healthcare.
Kathy’s professional achievements include rankings for healthcare law excellence by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America. A leader in the health care law bar, Kathy is the 2022 President-Elect of the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys and will become its President in 2023.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Summa Cum Laude
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- IR Global Exclusive Illinois Law Firm Representative for Life Sciences (Health Law) & Data Privacy & Security
- World Commerce & Contracting Association